Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Memory of My Grandma: Ottalyne Dinkelman

Ottalyne Dinkelman 1931 ~ 2009 EAST CARBON - Ottalyne Marsden Hansen Dinkelman, age 77, passed away Jan. 19, 2009 at East Carbon. Born Feb. 4, 1931 in Murray, Utah, to Otto James Hansen and Hazel Harker Marsden. Married Willem Adriaan Dinkelman, May 4, 1950, in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Survived by five children, 28 grandchildren, 29 great-grand-children; sister, Gladys Graham, brothers, LaVoy and Janice Hansen, VerNon Hansen and LaMonte and Leslie Hansen, brother-in-law, John Dinkelman. Preceded in death by husband, parents, and daughter-in-law. Funeral services will be Saturday, Jan. 24, 10 a.m. in the East Carbon LDS Chapel. Family will be at Fausett Mortuary in Price Friday, Jan 23, 6-8 p.m., and prior to the services at the church Saturday 8:30-9:30 a.m. Burial at Larkin Sunset Lawn and Gardens in Sandy, services in the care of Fausett Mortuary.
-Posted by Mike



7 comments:

Sharon said...

This is your Grandma? Oh my Gosh You are not going to believe this one. She was my moms good friend when they lived in Kearns. My mom kept in touch with her forever! As a kid growing up we would travel to see them When East Carbon was Dragerton. WOW. The last time she contacted my mom was when she had cancer, it was at the same time of the motor home accident in Cali. WHAT A SMALL WORLD!

Cammie said...

Mike,
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your grandma. I hope you family will find peace and comfort at this time. We are thinking of you.

Bethany Gilson said...

Mike and Jayna our prayers are with you.

Sharon said...

Me again, I remembered that my Dad and your Grandpa Dinkelman worked in the Bishopbric also, that's where there started their years of friendship. I know some funny stories from the early years. Wow they are going to have a great reunion in heaven.

J&J said...

So sorry for your loss.

Hey Jayna!! This blogging thing is so great to keep connected with people! Looks like you guys are doing great! Keep in touch! I just went private, so send me you email!! jennsitterud@Hotmail.com

Mari said...

Hey Jayna and Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Is this the grandma that cut the huge piece of chocolate cake out of the middle? I still think that's the coolest! You always have super grandma stories.

Nana and Papa Smurf said...

He Mike can you get my email address to The Clark Mills Family? I would like to have their stories of mom for her history we are writing. luv mom