Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This months selection is...


Alright! lets all try to read Angels and Demons and meet back with each other next month 10/9/10. I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of this book!!
Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is shocked to find proof that the legendary secret society, the Illuminati--dedicated since the time of Galileo to promoting the interests of science and condemning the blind faith of Catholicism--is alive, well, and murderously active. Brilliant physicist Leonardo Vetra has been murdered, his eyes plucked out, and the society's ancient symbol branded upon his chest.



11 comments:

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

This is Mike. I vote for Screwtape Letters.

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

This is Jayna. I vote Angels and Demons.

Our Crazy Family said...

Richard and I both vote Angels and Demons

Dory said...

I vote for screwtape too.

Nana and Papa's Blog said...

Since I have read The Testament, The Screwtape Letters,and Angels and Demons (all I highly recommend) I vote for Millenium.

Cammie said...

Can I watch a movie? Will that cheapen the literary integrity?

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

Ha ha Cam! It works for me. It also worked for Mrs. Card's 9th Grade English!

Nana and Papa's Blog said...

I just finished Angels and Demons again. It was just as good the second time around. I like how Dan Brown showed through his writing that science and religion can co-exist and that that it doesn't have to be one or the other. Anyway, I have always liked Dan Brown's books.
I want to change my suggestion for a book. I want to change it to "The Shack". I can't remember what the authors name is but it is a pretty interesting read. I think you should be able to get it at libraries.

Nana and Papa's Blog said...

I found out the name of the author for The Shack - William P Young. It is a story of a man whose child dies and he goes to a hunting shack to find solace. He finds the peace he is looking for and much more. Interesting read.

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

That sounds really good Deb.

Nana and Papa's Blog said...

What did everyone else think of the Dan Brown book, Angels and Demons?